Sunday, September 10, 2006

Ugh, what a boring weekend

I mean, no USC game, nothing to do other than work (time and a half, woot!), and the OSU/Texas game wasn't very exciting, unless you are a Buckeyes fan. Anyway, next weekend has an awesome slate of games, most of which I won't be able to watch. But I will be at College Gameday to see Chris Fowler, Lee Corso, and Kirk Herbstreit, even if I have to wake up at 5:30 to be there at 6:30 (and get one of those awesome GameDay helmets). This will be their fourth visit to Los Angeles, all to see USC play (duh), with the Trojans being victorious each time, and I've been to all of them. The first was between #1 USC and #7 California, the first game against Cal since they beat us the year before in triple O/T. The Trojans won the game, 23-17, on a 1st and goal stand with less than a minute remaining. After we stopped QB Aaron Rodgers on fourth down, the Coliseum erputed, and it was the loudest I have ever heard the crowd. The second trip was later in 2004, when #1 USC hosted Notre Dame, pre-Charlie Weis, which meant another 31 point blowout. It was Thanskgiving weekend, so no one was there, and I got a Gameday helmet, heh. The Fighting Irish kept the game close in the first half, but the Trojans finally saw through the rain to turn it on in the second half to cruise to ao 41-10 victory, with Matt Leinart throwing for a record 5 touchdowns. The third visit was for #1 USC against #11 UCLA, who had they not been blown out against Arizona 52-14, I would have been worried for this game. USC cruised, breaking the scoreboard in the process, 66-19, in the final home game for Leinart, Reggie Bush, LenDale White, and a host of others. I'm not making a prediction for this game yet, I'm saving that for Friday. But back to the point, there's a lot of great games this weekend. Here's the list:
#11 Michigan @ #2 Notre Dame
#6 Louisana State @ #3 Auburn
#19 Nebraska @ #4 Southern Calif0rnia
#7 Florida @ #13 Tennessee
#17 Miami (Florida) @ #12 Louisville
#15 Oklahoma @ #18 Oregon
#24 Texas Tech @ #20 Texas Christian
There's going to be a lot of moving and shaking in the polls after this week. Might catch the Manning Bowl later, if I'm not doing anything else... I can't really get into football anymore. I halfheartedly signed up for three fantasy football teams, but I don't feel into it anymore. I guess I'm out of that phase in my life, kinda like with poker I guess. Oh well, enough of senoritis and back to homework, I guess.

No comments: